Safe Place


Best believe, no one couldn't cure me if they tried, because I've been too comfortable hiding as much as I like.


But....


Since you came, I had the strangest feeling of this weight off my chest. My hopes are blossoming again. My days are so much calmer.  It's nice, so nice I don't care if it was only a comforting lie, I still want to believe it.

The idea of the slope of snowy mountain passage, and tall, shivering stands of green fir trees, and a vast spread of forest don't really terrified me anymore. The setting sun painted the snow-capped mountains in vivid shades of pink, violet and orange, bright as fire, like I could breathe again. My mind clear as shadows.

I've found the two-way telephone that speak the same language. I'd no longer feel the need to pressure myself broken every part of me trying to fit into that pretty, perfect mold. I was half myself before, now I feel so complete.

All the things you did to try to win my love, how did that happen? Are you real? Do you cast a spell on me? I never planned to indulge myself, but you were there. You were there asking about my days. You always acted like an older brother to me, being wise. You make me love my family better, maybe because you always tell me about your lovely mom and dad. You appreciate me and all my progress. Most of all....you're just being yourself, and that's enough. Enough to get past through my invisible wall that I built around me. Enough to make me fall for you.


In your presence, I've found a home, a place where the coldness no longer lingers, and I can simply be me- with you, because you are the best thing that I'll keep. You shone like a star, so brightly but my eyes, they don't burn.

"Love is a mystery and it works in mysterious ways."








Comments

Popular Posts